President Gerald R. Ford Scholarship Essay Challenge 2017-2018
Helpful Links and Resources for Your Essay Preparation
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum
- DeVos Learning Center at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Biography Online’s List of Courageous People from History
- Success Conscious’ 12 Everyday Acts of Courage
Books & Movies
- GoodReads List of Books about Courage
- Common Sense Media’s List of Movies that Inspire Courage
Suggestions for your Essay Writing
- Manage your time and pace yourself throughout the creation of your essay.
- Properly plan for your essay by creating an outline of your ideas. Use these outlined notes to organize your thoughts into a quality essay.
- Include your personal definition of courage, not the dictionary’s definition – tell your story!
- Include a strong introduction and conclusion in your essay.
- Proofread your essay and allow someone else to peer edit. Make edits and revisions. The extra time you put into creating multiple drafts and refining your writing is always beneficial.